Many pop-ups from Content Protector always appear on my web pages? It’s so annoying! I have tried any means I can think to stop them, but all are ended with failure. I know Content Protector is the cause of these annoying pop-ups. Can you give me some suggestions to stop these pop-ups and remove Content Protector?
What’s Content Protector?
Same as Adchoices ads and AstrologyBuzz ads, Content Protector is classified as vicious adware that has the ability to infect your PC without your awareness and notice. After this harmful adware gets inside, it will carry out many malicious activities on your computer. First of all, Content Protector adware makes some changes to your system settings so as to launch itself when you start up your machine. Besides, this nasty malware embeds a malicious web browser add-on into your Internet browser. By doing so, Content Protector is capable of redirecting your visits including your search results and other visits to other websites. On the other hand, annoying ads will pop up when you browse some commercial web sites like Amazon and eBay.
Furthermore, web criminals would make use of your Internet vulnerabilities to trace your web browsing activities or habits. Then they could accomplish some evil goals such as displaying related ads, modifying system registry and downloading additional computer viruses like malware, worms, Trojans, etc. Meanwhile, those evil hackers would steal your personal information that is stored on the desktop. Furthermore, Content Protector will slow down your PC performance by occupying high system resources. Thus, you’d better take instant actions to delete Content Protector adware to prevent further destructions to your PC and your privacy.
Solution 1: Remove Content Protector Pop-up Ads Automatically & Thoroughly
Stubborn adware programs like Content Protector can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of Content Protector as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem. Download Automatic Virus Removal Tool
Solution 2: Steps to Manually Remove Content Protector & Pop-up Ads
Usually, adware programs could be a browser add-on so as to cheat users and enter web browsers. To completely get rid of this adware and stop ads, what we should do is to check out browser extensions and remove the programs that we don’t know.
Remove Content Protector Pop-up Ads from Google Chrome
1. Click the Chrome menu button in the upper-right corner, click More Tools and then Extensions.
2. Click the trash can icon related to Content Protector you’d like to completely remove.
3. A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove.
4. Enable pop-up blocker in Chrome. Open Chrome menu again and select Settings.
5. Scroll down the page and click Show advanced settings.
6. Click Content settings button under the Privacy section.
7. Scroll down to the Pop-ups section. Make sure that the Do not allow any site to show pop-ups option is selected and then click Done.
Remove Content Protector Pop-up Ads from Mozilla Firefox
1. Click on the Firefox button on the menu bar, click on Tools and then Add-ons.
2. In the Add-ons Manager tab, select Extensions panel.
3. Select the add-ons related to Content Protector and click Remove button.
4. Click the Firefox button again and select Options.
5. In the Content tab and check Block pop-up windows box.
Remove Content Protector Pop-up Ads from Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools on the IE toolbar and click Manage Add-ons.
2. In Toolbars and Extensions tab, select the extensions associated with Content Protector and then click Disable button.
3. Click Tools and select Internet options.
4. Move to Privacy tab, check Turn on Pop-up Blocker box.
To make sure this Content Protector virus won’t come back again, it is suggested that you delete its related files and registry keys from Windows system.
1. Click Start button and go to Control Panel.
2. Click Appearance and Personalization.
3. Click Folder Options.
4. In the View tab, click Show hidden files, folders and drives. Check the check-box of Show all hidden files, folders and drives. And then click OK.
5. Hit Windows and R keys to open Run box.
6. Type regedit and click OK button to open Registry Editor.
7. Navigate to the files related to Content Protector and remove them.
Video of How to Remove Ads by Content Protector Pop-up
Attention: You need to be very careful and patient during the manual removal process of Content Protector. If you do a wrong step, unexpected problems will happen. So, it is suggested that you backup the system before performing manual removal. If you have no more time to deal with adware, pop-ups and other problems, it is suggested that you make use of Automatic Removal Method to remove Content Protector.Download Automatic Virus Removal Tool
For more articles pls visit: https://fastremovevirus.com/